The Echo is a small dayruck that thrives in cities, when rucking (with lighter weight) to train, at OCR’s, and at GORUCK Light. It protects a small laptop or a hydration bladder with force and is a pack light favorite.
- Built in the USA of military-grade, highly water-resistant materials.
- Two compartments: one main, one laptop/hydration next to your back.
- Main compartment opens flat, internal pocket layout allows for optimal organization.
- 15″ tall bombproof compartment next to your back is extra reinforced to securely take a small laptop or low pro hydration bladder into combat.
- External slant pocket provides quick access to keys, snacks, and other small items.
- 2” x 3” VELCRO® on front allows you to customize the Echo with the patch of your choice (patch is not included).
- The Echo’s low profile and small size make it ideal as a “go bag” that fighter pilots keep in the cockpit with them – housing all the essentials they hope they never have to use. While rucking, its low profile means the weight stays closer to your back, which is the preferred technique.
- Opens flat for easy packing and maximum organization – this is a feature found in Special Forces medical rucks.
- Shoulder straps are extra padded to carry heavier loads more comfortably.
- Designed to sit high on your back, placing most of the weight on the shoulders and back (the preferred technique when rucking because these are large muscle groups).
- 2 rows of external and internal MOLLE webbing sized to fit a RR Field pocket and other MOLLE friendly accessories.
- Scars Lifetime Guarantee: Ruck Hard, Play Hard.
Laptop/Hydration Bladder Compartment
- Separate, zipper-closed bombproof compartment next to your back protects up to a 13” MacBook Pro or a Low Profile Source Hydration Bladder. Tip: do not put a laptop and a hydration bladder in the same compartment at the same time. Water and electronics do not play well together.
- Due to the smaller size of this compartment (relative to our other rucks), we recommend the 2L Standard Source Hydration bladder or the Low Profile Source Hydration bladder. Low Profile is flatter than the 3L Standard Source Hydration bladder, thereby causing much less of a bulge (when full of water) next to your back. The 3L Standard Source Hydration Bladder is too long to fit comfortably.
- You can choose to put your hydration bladder in the main compartment instead, and carabiner it to the top MOLLE webbing. You’ll have to see how each option feels on your back and make the decision based on your preference.
- From either compartment you can still feed your bladder hose through a VELCRO® closed opening underneath the top handle of the ruck.
When in Doubt, Sizing Guide
- If you’re under 5 ft 7in. (1.7m) and want a small laptop/training dayruck, the Echo is for you.