The GR1 is GORUCK’s original and most versatile rucksack. Think of it as a dayruck or minimalist overnight ruck that protects a laptop (or a hydration bladder) with force. Comfortable in cities, warzones, when rucking to train, and at our Events, GR1 is our most popular piece of gear.
GR1 works great at all GORUCK Challenges.
- Built in the USA of military-grade, highly water-resistant materials.
- Two compartments: one main, one laptop/hydration next to your back.
- Main compartment opens flat, internal pocket layout allows for optimal organization.
- 17″ tall bombproof compartment next to your back is extra reinforced to securely take a laptop or hydration bladder into combat.
- External slant pocket provides quick access to keys, snacks, and other small items.
- 2” x 3” VELCRO® on front allows you to customize GR1 with the patch of your choice (patch is not included).
- GR1’s low profile makes it an ideal assaulter’s ruck (houses and doorways are smaller overseas). While rucking, this means the weight stays closer to your back, which is the preferred technique.
- Opens flat for easy packing and maximum organization – this is a feature found in Special Forces medical rucks.
- Shoulder straps are extra padded to carry heavier loads more comfortably.
- Designed to sit high on your back, placing most of the weight on the shoulders and back (the preferred technique when rucking because these are large muscle groups).
- 3 rows of external and internal MOLLE webbing sized to fit a GR1 Field pocket and other MOLLE friendly accessories.
- Scars Lifetime Guarantee: Ruck Hard, Play Hard.
Laptop/Hydration Bladder Compartment
- Separate, zipper-closed bombproof compartment next to your back protects up to a 17” MacBook Pro or a hydration bladder. Tip: do not put a laptop and a hydration bladder in the same compartment at the same time. Water and electronics do not play well together.
- When placing a hydration bladder in this compartment, we recommend the Low Profile Source Hydration Bladder. It is flatter than the Standard Source Hydration bladder, thereby causing much less of a bulge (when full of water) next to your back.
- You can choose to put your hydration bladder in the main compartment instead, and carabiner it to the top MOLLE webbing. You’ll have to see how each option feels on your back and make the decision based on your preference.
- From either compartment you can still feed your bladder hose through a VELCRO® closed opening underneath the top handle of the ruck.