Maybe you’re still not sure about GORUCK yet (what exactly is this, again?) but you want to do something because everyone tells you how great the people are and that it’s worth it. They’re right by the way and welcome to GORUCK Light. It means lighter vibe, lighter loads and less time commitment, which means more time to party with your class after you’re done.
Fun fact: never sign up and you’ll never know. But the average completion rate of those who show up is 100%. If you can do a 5K, you can earn the GORUCK Light patch.
What to Bring
There are a few things you absolutely need for your Light:
- A rucksack or backpack (any kind will do, but of course we recommend GORUCK gear)
- Your weight requirement (see above)
- Water, 2L minimum (hydration bladder recommended)
- Photo ID and cab fare in case you need to bail (but we hope you don’t)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- PT belt/reflective band around your ruck
As a team, you will also need one 15 lb. team weight and one American Flag.
The weight in your rucksack aka backpack makes it rucking. The amount you carry is based on your weight. Choose one of the following:
If You Are Under 150 lbs.
- 10 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- or 2 wrapped bricks
- or 10 LB Filler Bag
If You Are 150 lbs. and Over
- 20 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- or 4 wrapped bricks
- or 20 LB Filler Bag