10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES
The original Challenge. Average completion rate: 94%
We challenge you to put your team before yourself. We teach you how to lead, how to follow, and how to overcome adversity together. And you get to keep these lessons with you for the rest of your life.
This is the original GORUCK Event, the one where we prove to you that you are capable of so much more than you ever thought possible when you work as a team. Earn the GORUCK Tough patch and you’ll find out that it’s a way of life and a community with some of the best people you could ever hope to meet.
What to Bring
There are a few things you absolutely need for your Tough Challenge:
- A rucksack or backpack (any kind will do, but of course we recommend GORUCK gear)
- Your weight requirement
- Water, 2L minimum (hydration bladder recommended)
- Photo ID and cab fare in case you need to bail (but we hope you don’t)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- PT belt/reflective band around your ruck
As a team, you will also need one 25 lb. team weight and one American Flag.
The weight in your rucksack aka backpack makes it rucking. The amount you carry is based on your weight. Choose one of the following:
If You Are Under 150 lbs.
- 20 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- or 4 wrapped bricks
- or 20 LB Filler Bag
If You Are 150 lbs. and Over
- 30 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- or 6 wrapped bricks
- or 30 LB Filler Bag