Have some fun. Drink some beers. Make some jokes.
GORUCK Scavenger is open to any and everyone. It is part team-building, part city tour, and all fun. No bricks required, save them for our Good Livin’ events. You and your team get a Hit List from the Cadre and then hunt the best spots around - on your terms. Rest when you want, hydrate how you want, meet new and old friends, and hang with your Cadre, whose main job is to make sure you’re having a blast.
How To Play
- You register as an individual but you compete in teams of 4-6 members (recommended).
- If you don’t already have teammates or a whole team in mind, use your Scavenger’s Facebook page or just show up at the Start Point and find one there.
- You will receive your Start Point via email the week of the event.
- Set up an Instagram handle for your team to track photos and points throughout the day. Your Cadre will make sure you have his Instagram handle at the Start Point.
- Once you receive your Hit List at the Start Point, plan your route. The goal is to get the most points while still making the time hacks your Cadre has planned.
How To Win
- Rule #1: Always look cool. #CoolPoints. You earn them by doing extra special things - some are in the Hit List, others are up to you. Be creative. #CoolPoints are awarded at the discretion of your Cadre. Each team keeps track of its own points.
- Rule #2: Never get lost. The goal is to complete the Hit List and get the most points while still making the time hacks your Cadre has planned.
- Rule #3: If you get lost, look cool.
- The first and second place teams will receive custom gold and silver Scavenger patches. The winning team also receives a GORUCK gift card for each team member.
- In the event of a tie, your Cadre is prepared to execute a tiebreak.
Those who attend GORUCK Scavenger will receive one of three GORUCK Scavenger Patches based on your team’s ranking. It will never be for sale and it pays to be a winner.
Rule To Scavenge By
- Remain with your team at all times
- All modes of transportation are allowed EXCEPT motor vehicles with a team member behind the wheel or over-priced taxis
- Post photos of your team accomplishing the various tasks on the Hit List to your Cadre’s Instagram handle
- You must have all your team members in the photo to receive credit. No exceptions, find a way.
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
GORUCK events are non-refundable. Transfers can be made to future Scavenger events up to 72 hours before the event. Log into your account and go to Events › Manage Event to move yourself to a future Scavenger or Credit. If you want to give your spot to a friend, contact us.
What To Bring
Whatever you need to run around the city collecting #CoolPoints.
Can’t find a Scavenger in your area? Private party? GORUCK Custom Events take place wherever you want with whoever you want.