MACV-1 - Desert Tan Suede - 6"Regular price $155.00 Sale price $129.00
*Note: MACV-1 Desert Tan is a lighter shade of MACV-1 Coyote and only available in limited sizes.
Modern Jungle Boots - Ready When You Are
Inspired by Vietnam-era Jungle Boots worn by MACV-SOG and other Special Forces units in the 60's. Modernized to today’s all-terrain requirements of traveling, training, rucking - and assaulting.
- Suede Challenge Leather Upper: Tougher than before, our new suede Challenge Leather™ is hard wearing and only gets better with time and use. Paired with 1000D Cordura and 2" nylon webbing for added ankle support - debris and rain stay out and your feet can still breathe.
- All-Terrain Outsole: Dual compound rubber outsole delivers versatile performance in any environment, including improved traction on wet and muddy terrain. The forefoot rubber is formulated for increased grip while the heel area is formulated for abrasion resistance and increased durability. The outsole also wraps up at the toes for understated protection against aggressive terrain or when doing push-ups.
- Wide Toe Box: Generous forefoot area lets your toes breathe. Over time and distance during any activity including rucking or traveling, your feet will swell. This extra space reduces the friction that can occur if your feet rub against the insides of your boot.
- 3mm Speed Laces: Speed laces are 3mm as opposed to standard 5mm. Debris and mud doesn't collect on the 3mm laces like it does on the 5mm, the 3mm rinse off and dry faster, and they're faster to tie because there's less bulk.
- Shielding Drain Holes: Keeps sand and debris out and repels moisture with every step. They expel water with old fashioned technology that just works - with every step, you push the water out the side of the boot.
- Ankle Webbing: MACV-1's are suitable for airborne operations and maintain stability and support on uneven ground. The 2" webbing is sewn into the heel counter. When you lace your boots up with your ankle locked into the heel, the heel counter and the 2" webbing do not pull forward - this is by design.
- Rucking Offset: The ideal heel-to-toe drop for rucking. 13mm offset reduces the strain on your achilles (and by proxy your ankle, knees, and hips) and helps to accomodate a natural gait in an unnatural world of asphalt and man-made surfaces.
- The relationship between the EVA midsole and the rubber outer sole matters greatly to the performance of the boot - and the combined weight is a major factor in whether you want to wear them or not.
- Premium Suede Heel Counter: Wraps a supportive, injection molded plastic heel counter. This combo stabilizes your heel as the suede leather prevents the kind of friction that causes hotspots and blisters.
- No Spacer Mesh: Spacer mesh is soft, squishy, and feels comfortable to your hand when you touch it. But it’s a trap, literally. The first time spacer mesh looks at any kind of water, your boots get heavier and they stay that way. So we proudly do not use spacer mesh, end of story.
- Custom Compression Insert uses a dense compression foam system that supports your entire foot from heel to toe - including contoured arch support - throughout the duration of your foot strike.