Date & TimeSaturday, February 10, 2018 08:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
Valentine's Day Massacre
"I'm a kind person, I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you'll remember me for."
– Al Capone
Gangsters do gangster sh*t to prevent the hijacking of their whiskey shipments, and thus the Valentine’s Day Massacre was born, Cupid be damned. And yet, our love is stronger than gangster love and Cupid is welcome during GORUCK’s take on the Valentine’s Day Massacre. But only if he wants to earn his patch just like all the rest of us.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Transfers to the same type of event are allowed if completed prior to seven days before the start of the event
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- North Carolina
- United States
- Registration Status: