Date & TimeSaturday, May 5, 2018 08:00
Cinco De Mayo
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas."
– Jimmy Buffett
And the reason Jimmy Buffett’s not singing about grapes into wine is because of the Mexican victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla, the real commemoration of Cinco de Mayo. But not to worry. We love a good party for whatever reason, including Cinco de Mayo. Especially if it starts with victory themed welcome parties and ends with patches, singing, and margaritas.
4-5 HOURS, 7-10 MILES. LIGHT = FUN ON A TEAM. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 100%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Washington, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Matt S, Dirty Mike