Date & TimeFriday, December 29, 2017 21:00
The Battle of San Pasqual
"The provision of the Constitution giving the war making power to Congress was dictated, as I understand it, by the following reasons.
Kings had always been involving and impoverishing their people in wars, pretending generally, if not always, that the good of the people was the object.
This, our Convention understood to be the most oppressive of all Kingly oppressions; and they resolved to so frame the Constitution that no one man should hold the power of bringing this oppression upon us.
But your view destroys the whole matter, and places our President where kings have always stood."
– Abraham Lincoln, in a letter to a friend while U.S. Congressman, opposing the Mexican-American War
This event commemorates The Battle of San Pasqual, a series of military skirmishes during the Mexican-American War that occurred in 1846 in the San Pasqual Valley. Led by an experienced Special Forces Cadre in the area of the actual battle, you and your team will experience the history on the same terrain faced by the US Army of the West.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
- Event Type:
- Tough Challenge
- Location Name:
- San Diego, California
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Michael Shredder