Date & TimeFriday, February 16, 2018 17:00
Simply put bad things happen at night. You should be as effective and confident in shooting at night as in daylight. Our Cadre will instruct you on the tactics and techniques of night shooting in order to bring you to a level of shooting where you are more comfortable, and confident with your firearm in a low-light or no-light situation. You will learn the fundamentals of adjusting to ambient light, intermittent light and artificial light source. You will be instructed on how to safely and accurately engage targets through low-light/no-light target discrimination, flashlight/gun light techniques, such as moving from a place of light to darkness. Our Cadre will explain and physically demonstrate each course of fire prior to each drill. All of the firing drills are based on real world scenarios and designed to fire at various distances, various positions, and single shot or rapid-fire engagement. You will learn low-light/no-light strategies that will better equip you to react to an overt act of violence and basic movement and search techniques at night.
Night Fire is an advanced course and is not recommended for beginners.
Due to the space and safety requirements needed to conduct these events the ranges may be up to a two hour drive from the city listed. Please keep this in mind when making lodging arrangements.
Please be aware that the only way we can offer this level of training locally is to contract with an outdoor gun range. This means that range constraints may dictate the flow of the day. In some cases the range will offer a “shoot house” or similar which we will utilize toward the end of the day.
What to Bring
- Eye Protection
- Ear protection (foam in ear or headphone style)
- Sturdy Belt (non cloth, must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- 350 Rounds
- Long Pants
- Closed toed shoes
- Headlamp with red light
- 2 chemlights, 1 red and 1 white
If Using Your Own Firearm, Also Bring
- Minimum 3 magazines
- Muzzle down Sling (Rifle Only)
- Weapon mounted light
- Magazine Speed Loader
- Gun Oil
- Tac Hat
- Additional range/firearms gear is good, there is always a GRT in need
- Reflex/Red Dot Optic, not magnification (Rifle Only)
Firearms Training Notes
- Firearms Training utilizes semiautomatic pistols or AR-15 platform, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Cadre to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
- Counter-Terror Rifle (CTR) or similar basic rifle course is a prerequisite for this course. This course is not meant for beginners.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested 30 days before the event
- Event Type:
- Night Fire - Advanced Rifle
- Location Name:
- Naples, Florida
- United States
- Garret "Machine"
- Registration Status:
- Event Concluded