Date & TimeFriday, May 25, 2018 18:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
This Heavy Challenge kicks off an HTL (Heavy, Tough, Light) weekend. Sign up for and complete all three Challenges to earn the coveted HTL patch and enter the pantheon of the most elite endurance athletes in the world.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
–General George S. Patton
Memorial Day is an opportunity to ruck for those who have served to preserve our freedom and paid the ultimate sacrifice...America’s Fallen. We build bridges between the civilian and military worlds at GORUCK, and Cadre and Ruckers alike are expected to bring a photo and a story of someone who lost their life during their service to our country. Never Forget.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- One (1) Climbing Carabiner
- Dry Bag (or equivalent, such as a contractor bag) with a change of clothes. If you’re really cold, you’ll be really glad you have this. Be sure to bring one (1) pair of extra socks. You’ll carry this Dry Bag in your ruck.
- Boots (worn) are recommended over sneakers, based on the support you need over all the miles and all the weight. Under no circumstances should you wear Gore-Tex or other “waterproof” boots or socks.
- Food aka lickies and chewies. Just don’t bring the whole Thanksgiving feast, it’s only 24+ hours.
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 50 lb. class weight and one American Flag. No wheels will be attached to the team weight and it must be in compliance with Special Forces Rule #1: Always Look Cool. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Heavy, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
- Event Type:
- Heavy Challenge
- Location Name:
- San Diego, California
- United States
- Registration Status: