Date & TimeFriday, September 28, 2018 21:00
"We all came to peace with it -- if I die here, I die here.
But I'm not going to let it happen to the guys around me.
That's what it became about.
We weren't fighting for the flag, or the nation or freedom.
I wasn't even thinking about my family.
All I thought about was that I wasn't going to let anything happen to the guy on my left and the guy on my right."
– U.S. Army Ranger Keni Thomas, Task Force Ranger
Commemorate the 25th anniversary of the battle in Somalia that resulted in the ultimate sacrifice of 18 U.S. servicemen, including two Delta Force snipers who were posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor. This Challenge honors the men of Task Force Ranger (Rangers Lead The Way!) – their courage and sacrifice on October 4, 1993 to achieve mission success, albeit at great cost. Expect a history lesson and a timeline re-enactment of the mission that inspired Black Hawk Down.
10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 94%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Tough Challenge
- Location Name:
- San Diego, California
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Michael Shredder