Date & TimeSaturday, February 17, 2018 10:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
"It’s not about you...it’s about them!"
Cancer research for children is extremely underfunded. Every year, the volunteers of the St. Baldrick’s Foundation team up with GORUCK to raise awareness and money for children’s cancer research. Come out and join us as we shave our heads (optional) and preserve America’s greatest asset...our children. In the process, your registration fee serves as a donation to the St Baldrick’s Foundation, an approved 501(c)(3) organization.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- San Diego, California
- United States
- Registration Status: