Date & TimeFriday, December 7, 2018 21:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
Pearl Harbor Memorial
"Yesterday, December 7, 1941–a date which will live in infamy–the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan."
– Franklin D. Roosevelt, on the morning after Pearl Harbor
The Pearl Harbor Memorial events are conducted across America and dedicated to the men and women killed or injured during the surprise attack on December 7, 1941. Learn about how America entered into World War II and the sacrifice demanded of our Armed Forces with team building and a history lesson. Participants who finish this event will receive the unique Pearl Harbor Memorial patch which is always earned and never sold.
10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 94%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Tough Challenge
- Location Name:
- San Diego, California
- United States
- Registration Status: