Date & TimeFriday, November 16, 2018 18:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
"And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you–ask what you can do for your country."
– President John F. Kennedy
JFK remains an inspiration, and an icon, and a favorite amongst our Special Forces Cadre because as President, JFK officially authorized the wear of the Green Beret. Whether in Dallas where he passed too soon, Washington DC where he lived and was laid to rest (at Arlington National Cemetery), or in the great state of Massachusetts which was his home, you will learn about important aspects of his life and the decisions he made that have had a profound impact on our nation.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- One (1) Climbing Carabiner
- Dry Bag (or equivalent, such as a contractor bag) with a change of clothes. If you’re really cold, you’ll be really glad you have this. Be sure to bring one (1) pair of extra socks. You’ll carry this Dry Bag in your ruck.
- Boots (worn) are recommended over sneakers, based on the support you need over all the miles and all the weight. Under no circumstances should you wear Gore-Tex or other “waterproof” boots or socks.
- Food aka lickies and chewies. Just don’t bring the whole Thanksgiving feast, it’s only 24+ hours.
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 50 lb. class weight and one American Flag. No wheels will be attached to the team weight and it must be in compliance with Special Forces Rule #1: Always Look Cool. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Heavy, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Transfers to the same type of event are allowed if completed prior to seven days before the start of the event
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Event Type:
- Heavy Challenge
- Location Name:
- Dallas, Texas
- United States
- Registration Status: