Date & TimeSaturday, April 21, 2018 10:00
Friday, April 20
- 2000 hours - Ruckoff Zilker Brewing Company, 1701 E 6th Street, Austin, TX
Saturday, April 21
- 1000 hours - Kick off GORUCK 4th Annual GRT Reunion Light Challenge, Start Point: Town Lake Metropolitan Park, corner of Cummings St and East Ave
- 1000-1600 - Lots of awesome with your favorite GRT weirdos
- 1600 hours - Endex GRT Reunion Light
- 1630 hours - After-party gets going, Location: 1801 Poquito Street (Bring $10 cash for local BBQ)
- 1800 hours - Inaugural Cadre Roast
- Event vouchers cannot be used to register for the 2018 GRT Family Reunion.
- The event cancellation and transfer policy are not applicable to this event. If you are not able to attend you will not receive an event voucher.
Even been under a log with awesome people and wanted to get to know those weirdos better? That’s what the GRT Reunion is all about.
Meet GRT’s from around the country for a Ruckoff on Friday night, then hit the town together on Saturday for a Light Challenge that is all smiles and a few rucking miles in the best parts of town.
Jason (GORUCK’s Founder) will be joining as a participant and GORUCK’s most senior Cadre will lead the event.
Earn your special GRT Reunion patch and celebrate some more with an after-party with a special Cadre Roast, broadcasted live on The GORUCK Show.
4-5 HOURS, 7-10 MILES. LIGHT = FUN ON A TEAM. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 100%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Austin, Texas
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Mickey, Mocha Mike