Date & TimeFriday, June 28, 2019 21:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
― Benjamin Franklin
The Founding Fathers risked everything in the name of a dream called America. Theirs was a difficult, violent, and honorable calling–independence, that is. At the Independence Day GORUCK Challenge, expect a history lesson as we honor their sacrifice and enjoy the benefits of freedom by living life to its fullest under rucks, shoulder to shoulder with fellow patriots touring your town all the while singing Happy Birthday to America (amongst other festivities). And good news: Sam Adams is certain to make an appearance once you have earned your patch. Happy Birthday America!
10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 94%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Tough Challenge
- Location Name:
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- North Carolina
- United States
- Registration Status: