Date & TimeSaturday, December 14, 2019 08:00
Active Shooter Intervention is a unique course for shooters of all skill levels who want scenario-based training. Our Cadre will begin by reinforcing the fundamentals of safely operating a semi-automatic pistol - stance, grip, sight picture, sight alignment, and trigger squeeze - and physically demonstrate each course of fire prior to each drill. All of the firing drills are based on real world scenarios and designed to fire at various distances, various positions, and single shot or rapid-fire engagement. You will learn basic counter-terror strategies that will better equip you to react to active shooter situations.
Participants who complete this course with Cadre Machine will be eligible for a non-resident concealed weapons permit. These permits are valid for a term of 7 years in 36 states.
Due to the space and safety requirements needed to conduct these events, the ranges may be up to a two hour drive from the city listed. Please keep this in mind when making lodging arrangements.The duration of this course runs 8-10 hours.
What to Bring
- Eye Protection (sunglasses are acceptable)
- Electronic Hearing Protection
- Sturdy belt (non-cloth, must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- 350 Rounds (9mm if renting a GORUCK firearm)
- Long Pants
- Water, food, snacks (for duration of course)
- 9mm Barrel Safety Plug
- Closed-toed shoes (MACV-1 Boots recommended)
If Using Your Own Firearm, Also Bring
- No pocket pistols, revolvers, or backup guns
- Holster (duty or concealed) (recommended holster)
- Minimum 3 magazines
- Belt magazine holder that can hold two extra magazines
- Magazine Speed Loader
- Gun Oil
- Tac Hat
- Additional range/firearms gear (there is always a GRT in need)
- Firearms Training utilizes semi-automatic pistols, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms. Full-frame pistols are recommended. Sub-compact pistols are not recommended.
- We offer Glock 19 (9x19mm) pistols for use upon request in advance. To request use of one of these pistols follow the directions in your "Event Confirmation" email.
- SERPA-style holsters not authorized. Due to the nature of the training offered and the repetitive drawing and holstering of firearms, SERPA style holsters are not authorized for GORUCK Firearms training courses. If you do not have an alternative holster available, one may be provided with advanced notice.
- Keep firearms in vehicles. Participants may not remove firearms from their vehicles or otherwise handle firearms until instructed to do so by the Cadre.
- At this time, we are unable to transport weapons to New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and California. If your event is in any of these states, you will need to provide your own weapon. The single exception is Lake Tahoe, CA, because the range used is on the Nevada side of the border.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Cadre to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Active Shooter Intervention - Pistol
- Location Name:
- Jackson, Mississippi
- United States
- Registration Status: