Date & TimeFriday, May 24, 2019 21:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
–General George S. Patton
Memorial Day is an opportunity to ruck for those who have served to preserve our freedom and paid the ultimate sacrifice...America’s Fallen. We build bridges between the civilian and military worlds at GORUCK, and Cadre and Ruckers alike are expected to bring a photo and a story of someone who lost their life during their service to our country. Never Forget.
10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 94%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Tough Challenge
- Location Name:
- Wichita, Kansas
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Matt S