Date & TimeFriday, November 8, 2019 18:00
This Heavy Challenge kicks off an HTL (Heavy, Tough, Light) weekend. Sign up for and complete all three Challenges to earn the coveted HTL patch and enter the pantheon of the most elite endurance athletes in the world.
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
– President John F. Kennedy
Veterans Day is the occasion to honor those who signed a blank check to America. The action to the words “Thank You for your Service” is rucking around your city, learning about Veterans, and performing a Service Action in your community. Cadre and Ruckers are expected to bring a picture and bio of someone who served. Cadre will provide the opportunity for you to tell their story and honor those who have served.
24+ HOURS, 40+ MILES. THE ULTIMATE TEAM EVENT. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 50%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- One (1) Climbing Carabiner
- Dry Bag (or equivalent, such as a contractor bag) with a change of clothes. If you’re really cold, you’ll be really glad you have this. Be sure to bring one (1) pair of extra socks. You’ll carry this Dry Bag in your ruck.
- Boots (MACV-1 Boots) are recommended over sneakers, based on the support you need over all the miles and all the weight. Under no circumstances should you wear Gore-Tex or other “waterproof” boots or socks.
- Food aka lickies and chewies. Just don’t bring the whole Thanksgiving feast, it’s only 24+ hours.
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 50 lb. class weight and one American Flag. No wheels will be attached to the team weight and it must be in compliance with Special Forces Rule #1: Always Look Cool. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Heavy, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- This event must have a minimum of 60 registered participants no later than 30 days prior to the start date
- If your event is at risk of being cancelled, you will receive an email 60 days prior to the start date notifying you that your event is at risk
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Heavy Challenge
- Location Name:
- Washington, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Michael S, BELMAN