Date & TimeSaturday, October 26, 2019 14:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
Battle of Fallujah
“Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”
— Gen. James Mattis
When his Marines arrived in Iraq in 2003, Gen. Mattis spoke those words to live by in an asymmetrical battlespace. The Second Battle of Fallujah was a joint American, Iraqi, and British offensive at the end of 2004 and the locus of some of the heaviest urban combat U.S. Marines have seen since the Battle of Huế City in 1968 Vietnam. Fallujah was occupied by fighting virtually every insurgent group in Iraq at the time and the battle proved to be the bloodiest of the war. This event will remember the Marines and other coalition forces who fought in this renown battle.
4-5 HOURS, 7-10 MILES. LIGHT = FUN ON A TEAM. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 100%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- First Aid Kit
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- This event must have a minimum of 30 registered participants no later than 30 days prior to the start date
- If your event is at risk of being cancelled, you will receive an email 60 days prior to the start date notifying you that your event is at risk
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- United States
- Registration Status: