Date & TimeSaturday, February 22, 2020 14:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
“War is not fair.
The rules of war are to win.”
– Frederick Mayer
At the high point of World War II; the point where the Third Reich's Final Solution was in full swing, a group of Naturalized Jewish American citizens (who themselves barely escaped the Nazis) did the unthinkable. Trained as Office of Strategic Services (OSS) spies, these brave men underwent the arduous training requirements to become covert spies and struck back at the Third Reich behind enemy lines. This event is specifically about the three brave men of Operation Greenup: Fred Mayer, Hans Wynberg Franz Weber. On February 26, 1945 they parachuted into an Austrian Glacier, infiltrated Innsbrook, and took up residence to conduct intelligence gathering and sabotage operations against the Nazis build up in Southern Germany/ Austria. This event will commemorate those three brave men who helped put an end to part of Adolf Hitler's Final Solution.
4-5 HOURS, 7-10 MILES. LIGHT = FUN ON A TEAM. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 100%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- First Aid Kit
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- This event must have a minimum of 30 registered participants no later than 30 days prior to the start date
If your event is at risk of being cancelled, you will receive an email on following dates:
- 6 Months
- 90 Days
- 60 Days
- 45 Days (Final Notice)
- **GORUCK reserves the right to cancel an event at any time
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Los Angeles, California
- United States
- Registration Status: