Date & TimeSaturday, October 31, 2020 08:00
Start PointThe Impact Zone
10878 Kerr Road, Hempstead, TX
Counter Terror Rifle is a fast-paced, scenario-based training course designed for shooters of all skill levels. Our Cadre will begin by reinforcing the fundamentals of safety while operating an AR-15 platform and physically demonstrate each course of fire prior to each drill. All of the firing drills are based on real-world scenarios and designed to fire at various distances, various positions, and rates of fire. Learn how to take your weapon from a point of storage to a point of threat contact. This will be accomplished by learning how to store, retrieve, load, and employ your weapon efficiently and effectively.
Participants who complete this course with Cadre Machine will be eligible for a non-resident concealed weapons permit. These permits are valid for a term of 7 years in 36 states.
Due to the space and safety requirements needed to conduct these events the ranges may be up to a two hour drive from the city listed. Please keep this in mind when making lodging arrangements.
The duration of this course runs 8-10 hours.
All GORUCK Firearms Courses and Events utilize scenario based training which is incorporated into dry practice prior to any live fire. All participants will practice target identification and discrimination, movement, weapons manipulation, and other dynamic drills with the cadre and others. These drills will be facilitated with inert weapons enabling a safe and realistic training environment. Both pistols and rifles will be rendered inert with barrel/chamber blocking plugs. Further, each student must fully participate in dry practice prior to commencing live fire.
What to Bring
- Masks (2 minimum) Something that will not repeatedly fall off (scarves not recommended, N95’s not required -- save them for healthcare workers)
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes - 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Muzzle down sling (Rifle Only)
- Eye Protection (sunglasses are fine)
- Electronic Hearing Protection
- Magazine Holster
- Minimum 3 magazines (must hold 10 rounds or greater)
- 350 Rounds
- 5.56mm Barrel Safety Plug
- Pistol OWB Holster
- Magazine Holster
- 2 Pistol Magazines
- 100 rounds of pistol ammo
- Long Pants
- Closed toed shoes (MACV-1 Boots recommended)
- Sturdy Belt (non-cloth, must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- Photo ID
- Water, food, and snacks (for the duration of the course)
- Magazine Speed Loader
- Gun Oil
- Tac Hat
- Additional range/firearms gear is good (there is always a GRT in need)
- Reflex/Red-Dot Optic, not magnification (Rifle Only)
- Firearms Training utilizes semiautomatic pistols or AR-15 platform, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Cadre to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
- At this time we are unable to transport weapons in to New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and California. If you're event is in either of these states you will need to provide your own weapon. The single exception is Lake Tahoe, CA because the range used is on the Nevada side of the border.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Counter Terror Rifle
- Location Name:
- Houston, Texas
- United States
- Registration Status: