Date & TimeSaturday, October 31, 2020 17:00
Start PointThe Impact Zone
10878 Kerr Road, Hempstead, TX
Simply put, bad things happen at night. Night Fire - Advanced Pistol will teach you how to be as effective and confident in shooting at night as in daylight. Our Cadre will instruct you on the tactics and techniques of night shooting in order to bring you to a level of shooting where you are more comfortable and confident with your firearm in a low-light or no-light situation. You will learn low-light/no-light strategies that will better equip you to react to an overt act of violence, along with basic movement and search techniques at night. All firing drills are based on real world scenarios and designed to fire at various distances, various positions, and single-shot or rapid-fire engagement.
Night Fire is an advanced pistol combat course and is not recommended for beginners. We recommend the Active Shooter Intervention - Pistol course prior to Night Fire - Pistol if you are a beginner.
Participants who complete this course with Cadre Machine will be eligible for a non-resident concealed weapons permit. These permits are valid for a term of 7 years in 36 states.
Due to the space and safety requirements needed to conduct these events the ranges may be up to a two hour drive from the city listed. Please keep this in mind when making lodging arrangements.
The duration of this course runs 6 hours.
All GORUCK Firearms Courses and Events utilize scenario based training which is incorporated into dry practice prior to any live fire. All participants will practice target identification and discrimination, movement, weapons manipulation, and other dynamic drills with the cadre and others. These drills will be facilitated with inert weapons enabling a safe and realistic training environment. Both pistols and rifles will be rendered inert with barrel/chamber blocking plugs. Further, each student must fully participate in dry practice prior to commencing live fire.
What to Bring
- Masks (2 minimum) Something that will not repeatedly fall off (scarves not recommended, N95’s not required -- save them for healthcare workers)
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes - 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Eye Protection
- Electronic Hearing Protection
- Sturdy Belt (non-cloth, must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- Magazine Holster
- Holster (duty or concealed)
- 350 Rounds (9mm if using our firearms)
- 9mm Barrel Safety Plug
- Headlamp with red light
- Handheld Flashlight
- Two ChemLights (one red and one white)
- Long Pants
- Closed toed shoes (MACV-1 Boots recommended)
- Photo ID
- Water, food, and snacks (for the duration of the course)
If Using Your Own Firearm, Also Bring
- No pocket pistols, revolvers or backup guns
- Holster (duty or concealed) (recommended holster)
- Minimum 3 magazines
- Belt magazine holder that can hold two extra magazines
- Weapon mounted AND handheld Light
- Magazine Speed Loader
- Gun Oil
- Tac hat
- Additional range/firearms gear is good (there is always a GRT in need)
- Firearms Training utilizes semiautomatic pistols, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms. Full-Frame pistols are recommended. Sub-Compact pistols are not recommended.
- We offer Glock 19 (9x19mm) pistols for use upon request in advance. To request use of one of these pistols, follow the instructions in your "Event Confirmation" email.
- SERPA-style holsters not authorized. Due to the nature of the training offered and the repetitive drawing and holstering of firearms, SERPA style holsters are not authorized for GORUCK Firearms training courses. If you do not have an alternative holster available, one may be provided with advanced notice.
- Keep firearms in vehicles. Please take care that when arriving to training sites, participants are not to remove from their vehicles or otherwise handle firearms until instructed to do so by the event cadre. In an effort to enforce good firearms safety and best practices, we would ask that firearms remain in vehicles until specifically told to bring them out.
- At this time we are unable to transport weapons in to New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and California. If you're event is in either of these states you will need to provide your own weapon. The single exception is Lake Tahoe, CA because the range used is on the Nevada side of the border.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Cadre to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Night Fire - Advanced Pistol
- Location Name:
- Houston, Texas
- United States
- Registration Status: