Date & TimeFriday, April 3, 2020 21:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
Bataan Death March Memorial
"Once the march started, everything just sort of froze in my mind.
I was pretty numb the whole time.
I didn't think and I didn't feel.
I was like a robot and just kept moving.
Other than daylight or dark, I lost all track of time.
I had to blank everything out and focus straight ahead.
I lived from day to day, in fact, hour by hour.
The only thing I thought about was the moment and, ‘The good Lord willing, I'll get through the day.'
– Staff Sgt. Alf Larson, Bataan Death March Survivor
This event honors the men and women of one of the biggest atrocities of WWII, the Bataan Death March. The Bataan Death March occurred in the Philippines in April 1942 when 60,000-80,000 US and Filipino soldiers were captured and forced by the Japanese to march more than 70 miles while being brutalized by their captors. During this memorial Challenge, you and your team will learn about the historical significance of the Bataan Death March as you experience an event where “No one left behind” is your team’s priority. Participants are requested to be prepared to brief the class on an individual or story from the Bataan Death March during the event. Participants who finish this event will receive the unique Bataan Death March Memorial patch which is always earned and never sold.
10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 94%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- This event must have a minimum of 30 registered participants no later than 30 days prior to the start date
- If your event is at risk of being cancelled, you will receive an email on following dates:
- 6 Months
- 90 Days
- 60 Days
- 45 Days (Final Notice)
- **GORUCK reserves the right to cancel an event at any time
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Tough Challenge
- Location Name:
- Nashville, Tennessee
- United States
- Registration Status: