Date & TimeSaturday, July 4, 2020 14:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
― Benjamin Franklin
The Founding Fathers risked everything in the name of a dream called America. Theirs was a difficult, violent, and honorable calling–independence, that is. At the Independence Day GORUCK Challenge, expect a history lesson as we honor their sacrifice and enjoy the benefits of freedom by living life to its fullest under rucks, shoulder to shoulder with fellow patriots touring your town all the while singing Happy Birthday to America (amongst other festivities). And good news: Sam Adams is certain to make an appearance once you have earned your patch. Happy Birthday America!
4-5 HOURS, 7-10 MILES. LIGHT = FUN ON A TEAM. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 100%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Participants must also bring Oral Rehydration Salts (or comparable) in case water resupply is harder
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- First Aid Kit
- Masks (2 minimum) Something that will not repeatedly fall off (scarves not recommended, N95’s not required -- save them for healthcare workers)
- Gloves (1 pair) Not medical gloves, working gloves
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes - 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- This event must have a minimum of 30 registered participants no later than 30 days prior to the start date
If your event is at risk of being cancelled, you will receive an email on following dates:
- 6 Months
- 90 Days
- 60 Days
- 45 Days (Final Notice)
- **GORUCK reserves the right to cancel an event at any time
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Huntington Beach, California
- United States
- Registration Status: