Date & TimeSunday, April 5, 2020 09:30
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
AN INTRODUCTION TO SPECIAL FORCES RUCKING CHALLENGE
GORUCK is The Rucking Company and we believe there is no better way to get to know an urban environment than with friends under a ruck. The Star Course is inspired by our own Special Forces roots, here’s a challenge for those of you who seek such things - The GORUCK Star Course 5K, the first rucking series of its kind:
- 5 kilometers
- Teams of 2-5
- 10 or 20 lb Ruck Plate on your back depending on your body weight, it’s called rucking
- 2.5 hours to complete
Finishers earn the 5K Star Course patch, which will never be for sale.
HOW IT WORKS
You and your team of 2-5 (including you) show up at the Start Point. A GORUCK Cadre will issue you a map and a list of waypoints. The route you and your team choose will be your own, so choose wisely. The minimum distance possible will be just over 5 kilometers. You can expect to see some of the best sites in your city.
Prior to starting the clock, we’ll ensure that you make a successful comms check with our remote support team via text message. At each waypoint, you’ll be responsible for texting a picture of your team. This will serve as verification of your mileage, and by the end you’ll have a great album of photos to document the experience.
NOTE: This is not a Cadre-led event and there are no push-ups or smoke sessions.
- The course will be at least 5 kilometers. You and your team can hit the waypoints in whatever order you want (good strategy helps).
- Teams are between 2-5 participants. If and only if the rest of your team withdraws or drops for whatever reason, you can continue solo. If you hit all the points under the allotted time hack, you’ll earn the patch. If this happens, we recommend you link up with another team if possible (you’ll still have to text your own pics) to make it more fun as a shared experience. To be clear, though: you have to hit all the waypoints and return to the start under the time hack to earn the patch.
- Weight Standard: If you are under 150 lbs, carry a 10 lb weight and if you are over 150 lbs, carry 20 lbs. Each participant will have a 10 or 20 lb Ruck Plate (or equivalent in non-consumable weight) in their rucksack at the start point. GORUCK Cadre will verify weight at the end of the event and spot check as needed.
- Keep your Ruck Plate (or equivalent) per participant with you at all times. You may cross load with your buddy/team members as desired.
- You are required to text a selfie with you and your teammate(s) in the picture at each of the waypoints listed on your waypoint sheet (which you’ll receive at the Start Point).
- Purchasing food along your route at anytime is authorized.
- Meeting outside individuals is allowed (re-supply etc.). They may not physically aid or assist your movement in any way, honor code in effect.
- No method of transportation is authorized except rucking.
- Follow any additional instructions or rules written on your waypoint sheet.
- Obey all traffic laws (and all the other laws, too) while participating.
- Call 911 with any real world emergency. We will provide a phone number on your waypoint sheet for GORUCK support questions.
- Cut-off time: 2.5 hours to earn the patch.
Register as an individual, ruck as a team (you are responsible for forming or finding a team of 2-5 ruckers)
Includes: the opportunity to earn the finisher’s patch, and celebration at the end point.
Registration for this event will close on the Thursday prior to the event date at 8:00pm
WHAT TO BRING
- Ruck Plate, 10 or 20 lbs (or equivalent)
- Rucksack (Speed Rucker/Rucker or equivalent)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your rucksack
- Smartphone with external battery (at least 1 per team)
- Photo ID and $20 cash (just in case)
- Source Hydration Bladder, 3L
- Nalgene bottle
- Food (lickies and chewies)
- One extra pair of socks
- Waterproof bag
THE FINISHER’S PATCH
If you come in under 2.5 hours, you and your teammates earn the patch. If you don’t, there’s always next year.
Everyone earns a high five (and a hug if you want one) at the finish. We’ll see ya there.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Star Course - 5K
- Location Name:
- Nashville, Tennessee
- United States
- Registration Status: