Heavy Challenge: Fort Bragg, NC (JWBH) 02/16/2018 18:00
Event OverviewYour CadreYour Team TestimonialsAdditional Info
Date & TimeFriday, February 16, 2018 18:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
What to Bring
- A rucksack or backpack (any kind will do, but of course we recommend GORUCK gear)
- Your weight requirement (See below)
- One Carabiner per participant. Do not buy anything crazy, just a normal carabiner that you would feel safe rappelling with.
- It is recommended that participants wear some sort of boots that have ankle support. The reasoning behind this is that running shoes do not provide the support to carry a weighted ruck while moving great distances for a 24 hour time period. A good set of Merrell’s will work just fine.
- Hydration System is required. We recommend a capacity to hold 3L of water. We recommend Source Hydration Bladder.
- Extra Socks
- Pay attention to the weather and bring the appropriate amount of cold and wet weather gear. All participants will bring an extra set of warm clothes. These clothes will be placed into a trash bag and placed in the vehicle that you arrive to the start point in. If for some reason you quit, these clothes will be readily available. You will provide the trash bag as well as what vehicle these clothes get stored in. The trash bags need to be marked and will be inspected at the initial inspection.
- Pack enough food to last you 24 hours. By all means make sure that you bring a 12 course meal and fit it inside your ruck.
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Ruck Bands on your ruck
- 20 dollars in cash and a photo identification in case you decide that the GORUCK Heavy is not for you. This will be used as your cab fare to take you back to the start point.
- Friends, it’s less scary that way and the more people you have in the class, the less weight you have to carry in the form of coupons.
As a team, you will also need one 50 lb. team weight and one American Flag.The team weight needs to weigh 50 pounds at the beginning and at the end. No wheels will be attached to the team weight and it must be carried throughout the class. Team weights need to be in compliance with Special Forces Rule #1.
The weight in your rucksack aka backpack makes it rucking. The amount you carry is based on your weight.
If You Are Under 150 lbs.
20 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)or
4 wrapped bricks
or 20 LB Filler Bag
If You Are 150 lbs. and Over
30 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
or 6 wrapped bricks
or 30 LB Filler Bag
- Complete this event and earn the GORUCK Heavy patch, which is not for sale
- Your start point will be posted to this page the week of the event
Transfers & Refunds
- Transfers and Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Event Type:
- Heavy Challenge
- Location Name:
- Fort Bragg, North Carolina
- North Carolina
- United States