Light Challenge: Denver, CO (Gold Star) 09/24/2017 12:00
Event OverviewYour CadreYour Team TestimonialsAdditional Info
Date & TimeSunday, September 24, 2017 12:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
The Gold Star signifies a family's pride in their loved one's sacrifice rather than the mourning of their personal loss. If you or anyone you know is a Gold Star family member and would like to register for FREE please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your information as well as a brief bio of your fallen solider. You will be asked to bring a laminated picture of your loved one to pin to your ruck. We will be honoring the fallen at the end of the event where you will also receive your completion patch. GORUCK hopes to bring Gold Star family members some knowledge of what their loved ones endured during their military training; so come prepared for a 5+ hour team building event. This will be a wonderful way to honor and remember our fallen as September 24th this year is Gold Star Mother and Family Member Day.
This event is open to all who wish to honor Gold Star families and their lost loved ones. Non Gold Star members please follow the link to sign-up.
What to Bring
- A rucksack or backpack (any kind will do, but of course we recommend GORUCK gear)
- Your weight requirement (See below)
- Water, 2L minimum (hydration bladder recommended)
- Photo ID and cab fare in case you need to bail (but we hope you don’t)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Ruck Bands on your ruck
As a team, you will also need one 15 lb. team weight and one American Flag.
If You Are Under 150 lbs.
- 10 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- or 2 wrapped bricks
- or 10 LB Filler Bag
If You Are 150 lbs. and Over
- 20 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- or 4 wrapped bricks
- or 20 LB Filler Bag
- Complete this event and earn the GORUCK Light patch, which is not for sale
- Your start point will be posted to this page the week of the event
Transfers & Refunds
- Transfers to the same type of event are allowed if completed prior to seven days before the start of the event
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
Meeting up to Train
There are people training for your event at the following spot(s) and we encourage you to be one of them:
- Odin Industries (Loveland, CO)
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Denver, Colorado
- United States