Event OverviewYour CadreYour Team TestimonialsAdditional Info
Date & TimeSaturday, November 11, 2017 14:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
–President John F. Kennedy
Veterans Day is the occasion to honor those who signed a blank check to America. The action to the words “Thank You for your Service” is rucking around your city, learning about Veterans, and performing a Service Action in your community. Cadre and Ruckers are expected to bring a picture and bio of someone who served. Cadre will provide the opportunity for you to tell their story and honor those who have served.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Transfers to the same type of event are allowed if completed prior to seven days before the start of the event
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Des Moines, Iowa
- United States
- Registration Status:
- J DUB