Tough Challenge: Normandy, France (Normandy HTLS) 06/02/2017 22:00
Event OverviewYour CadreYour Team TestimonialsAdditional Info
Date & TimeFriday, June 2, 2017 22:00
The Heavy Challenge kicks off an HTLS (Heavy, Tough, Light, Scavenger) weekend. Sign up for and complete all three Challenges and the Scavenger to earn the coveted HTLS patch.
4 June 1944, OPERATION OVERLORD, the liberation of Europe begins. Commemorate the D-Day Landings by rucking in the footsteps of America’s Greatest Generation who liberated France and Europe. This special event will be conducted in multiple venues to give a first-hand experience of the exploits of Allied Forces during the D-Day Landings. Fact: these are sacred grounds everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. Books and movies will never do it justice.
What to Bring
- A rucksack or backpack (any kind will do, but of course we recommend GORUCK gear)
- Your weight requirement (See below)
- Water, 2L minimum (hydration bladder recommended)
- Photo ID and cab fare in case you need to bail (but we hope you don’t)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- PT belt/reflective band around your ruck
As a team, you will also need one 25 lb. team weight and one American Flag.
If You Are Under 150 lbs.
- 20 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- or 4 wrapped bricks
- or 20 LB Filler Bag
If You Are 150 lbs. and Over
- 30 LB Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- or 6 wrapped bricks
- or 30 LB Filler Bag
- Get special discounts on gear when you sign up for this event
- Complete this event and earn the GORUCK Tough patch, which is not for sale
- Your start point will be posted to this page the week of the event
Transfers & Refunds
- Transfers to the same type of event are allowed if completed prior to seven days before the start of the event
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Event Type:
- Tough Challenge
- Location Name:
- Normandy, France
- Mickey, Heath