Date & TimeFriday, April 17, 2020 18:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
40+ HOURS, 60+ MILES. THE SECOND IN THE SERIES OF 24+ HOUR ULTIMATE TEAM EVENTS.
Welcome to the new HTL, bring your “A” game! Unlike the past HTL weekend there’s no skipping the tough and doing the light. One signup, three events to earn the new and improved coveted HTL patch and enter the pantheon of the most elite endurance athletes in the world.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- One (1) Climbing Carabiner
- Dry Bag (or equivalent, such as a contractor bag) with a change of clothes. If you’re really cold, you’ll be really glad you have this. Be sure to bring one (1) pair of extra socks. You’ll carry this Dry Bag in your ruck.
- Boots (MACV-1 Boots) are recommended over sneakers, based on the support you need over all the miles and all the weight. Under no circumstances should you wear Gore-Tex or other “waterproof” boots or socks.
- Food aka lickies and chewies. Just don’t bring the whole Thanksgiving feast, it’s only 24+ hours.
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 50 lb. class weight and one American Flag. No wheels will be attached to the team weight and it must be in compliance with Special Forces Rule #1: Always Look Cool. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Heavy, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Transfers and refunds are not allowed for this event (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- This event must have a minimum of 60 registered participants no later than 45 days prior to the start date
- If your event is at risk of being cancelled, you will receive an email on following dates:
- 6 Months
- 90 Days
- 60 Days
- 45 Days (Final Notice)
- **GORUCK reserves the right to cancel an event at any time
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Location Name:
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- United States
- Registration Status:
- DS, Cadre Barbarossa