Date & TimeFriday, November 20, 2020 21:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
Starts Friday (11/20/2020) at 9pm
Endex Saturday (11/21/2020) at 5pm cut-off time
Start Point: Georgetown Waterfront Park
A PRESIDENTIAL SPECIAL FORCES RUCKING CHALLENGE
In 1908, Teddy Roosevelt issued an executive order to members of the military, later echoed by JFK:
“Do 50 miles in under 20 hours.”
Pretty straightforward, eh?
In JFK’s time it became a national craze, a challenge accepted by people of all walks of life despite claims in those days of the growing softness of the American people. Claims not too dissimilar to those made these days.
We believe those doubting the generations of today are looking in the wrong places. Many of us are not only up to such a 50 Mile Challenge, but we’re starving for some way to push ourselves to those new limits, and beyond. Now it’s time to kick it up a notch and with male and female individual divisions to include 2 person mixed teams with increased weight for both men and women
Rucking is the foundation of Special Forces training and the GORUCK Rucking World Championships is the pinnacle of Rucking. You show up with your ruck and you get a lat/long to your next waypoint. You plot your route, then you start rucking: point to point, mile after mile.
For a lot of miles.
Echoing Teddy Roosevelt and JFK and adding in our own Special Forces inspiration, here’s a challenge for those of you who seek such things - The GORUCK Rucking World Championships:
- 50+ miles (always be prepared for the unexpected)
- 50 miles in 20 hours or less
- Weight Requirement: Men 30 lb / Women 20 lb
- 3 Divisions: Men, Women, and Teams Open
- Cash Prizes for each Division: 1st = $3,500, 2nd = $1,000, 3rd = $500
Top three finishers in the Men's Individuals, Women's Individual's, and Teams Open division of the GORUCK Rucking World Championship will earn the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place patches. All others who finish under 20 hours will earn the Rucking World Championship patch, which will never be for sale.
HOW TO QUALIFY
In order to qualify, you must have successfully completed one of the following:
- GORUCK 50 Miler
- GORUCK 26.2 Miler
- GORUCK Heavy Event
- Marathon (in under 4 Hours)
- Any OCR or endurance race that is over 26 miles
Your qualifying event/race must be completed before 11/20/20.
We need to see one of the following:
- Finishers Patch and Event Confirmation Email that includes your first and last name or email (GORUCK CSR will confirm completion)
- Screenshot, photo, or email of official marathon or OCR race finishing time that includes your first and last name or email
HOW IT WORKS
You as an individual or your team of 2 (including you) show up at the Start Point. A GORUCK Cadre will issue you a map and a lat/long. The route you and/or your team choose will be your own, so choose wisely. The minimum distance possible will be just over 50 Miles. You can expect to see the best sites in Washington DC, and you can expect at least one long movement taking you to the outskirts, and possibly beyond.
Prior to starting the clock, we’ll ensure that you make a successful comms check with our remote support team. At each waypoint, you’ll link up with a Cadre and receive your next lat/long. Don’t stop or slow down until you cross the actual finish line, remember to be prepared for anything.
- The course will be at least 50 miles.
- Three divisions: Men’s Individuals, Women’s Individuals, and Team Open.
- Teams are 2 participants. If your teammate drops, you are both disqualified.
- You must use a GORUCK ruck (Speed Rucker recommended), no exceptions.
- Weight Standard: men will have 30 lbs and women will have 20 lbs in non-consumable weight. Fixed weight required; meaning, no sand in a sandbag or dirt. Required weight must be in a single unit, no mixing or matching weight (one Ruck Plate, not two), and must clearly display the weight on it. The Cadre will ensure that you have your weight at every waypoint.
- Keep your 20 or 30 lb Ruck Plate (or equivalent) per participant with you at all times. You may cross load with your team member as desired.
- Purchasing food along your route at any time is authorized.
- Support teams for resupply are authorized. Cadre and event staff will be observing the route for violations.
- No method of transportation is authorized except rucking.
- Follow any additional instructions or rules from the Cadre.
- Obey all traffic laws (and all the other laws, too) while participating.
- Cut-off time: 50 miles in 20 hours or less.
WHAT TO BRING
- Ruck Plate, 30 or 20 lbs (or equivalent)
- Rucksack (GORUCK Speed Rucker Recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your rucksack
- Headlamp (+ extra set of batteries)
- Smartphone with external battery (at least 1 per team)
- Photo ID and $20 cash (just in case)
- Water (Source Hydration Bladder, 3L Recommended)
Event Cancellation Policy
- Transfers and refunds are not allowed for this event (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Rucking World Championship
- Location Name:
- Washington, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- United States
- Registration Status: