Date & TimeSaturday, September 21, 2019 09:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
Please note that because all proceeds are being donated to the Snowdrop Foundation, discounts and vouchers cannot be used for this event.
Snowdrop Foundation Wisconsin is dedicated to assisting patients and families at Milwaukee’s Children’s Hospital through funding for continued research to eliminate childhood cancer. It is also our mission to provide scholarships for college-bound pediatric cancer patients and survivors. Five years ago, Josh Hass (aka Cadre Roony) searched for a way to go above and beyond for his community. He found Brian Gruender, head of the Snowdrop Foundation in Appleton, WI. Josh did not have any connection to pediatric cancer but knew this was where he would help. True to Josh’s character, he wanted to help Snowdrop by putting his own spin on it, in the form of a GORUCK event. While most GORUCK events are all about embracing the suck, Snowdrop is a little different. The GORUCK Snow Drop events are self-described as the most fun GORUCK EVER, with participants dressing up in costumes, playing kickball, knockerball, and just getting some good livin’. Since its inception, the annual GORUCK Snowdrop event has raised over $75,000, as participants travel from as far away as Japan and all over the United States to partake in the weekend’s festivities. All proceeds will be donated to Snowdrop Foundation Wisconsin.
This year, the 5th annual GORUCK Snowdrop events should not be missed. We lost Josh to pancreatic cancer on April 4, 2019. Due to Josh’s leadership and esprit de corps we will continue what he started. Continuing in his Ranger roots, he Led the Way and inspired thousands of people to do the same. We are humbled to not only continue on Josh’s mission with the Snowdrop Foundation, but to honor his legacy as an incredible Father, Son, Brother, Friend and Ranger. Rangers Lead the Way! This is your opportunity as a civilian to fight evil and further goodness by helping the children. Josh fought for the better good as a soldier and this is how he continued to fight the good fight as a civilian.
4-5 HOURS, 7-10 MILES. LIGHT = FUN ON A TEAM. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 100%
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) - upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Transfers & Refunds
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Transfers to a different event date can be accommodated if requested more than 7 days before the event
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Light Challenge
- Location Name:
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Flash, Rob