Date & TimeSaturday, September 21, 2019 15:30
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
Please note that because all proceeds are being donated to the Snowdrop Foundation, discounts and vouchers cannot be used for this event.
Snowdrop Foundation Wisconsin is dedicated to assisting patients and families at Milwaukee’s Children’s Hospital through funding for continued research to eliminate childhood cancer. It is also our mission to provide scholarships for college-bound pediatric cancer patients and survivors. Five years ago, Josh Hass (aka Cadre Roony) searched for a way to go above and beyond for his community. He found Brian Gruender, head of the Snowdrop Foundation in Appleton, WI. Josh did not have any connection to pediatric cancer but knew this was where he would help. True to Josh’s character, he wanted to help Snowdrop by putting his own spin on it, in the form of a GORUCK event. While most GORUCK events are all about embracing the suck, Snowdrop is a little different. The GORUCK Snow Drop events are self-described as the most fun GORUCK EVER, with participants dressing up in costumes, playing kickball, knockerball, and just getting some good livin’. Since its inception, the annual GORUCK Snowdrop event has raised over $75,000, as participants travel from as far away as Japan and all over the United States to partake in the weekend’s festivities. All proceeds will be donated to Snowdrop Foundation Wisconsin.
This year, the 5th annual GORUCK Snowdrop events should not be missed. We lost Josh to pancreatic cancer on April 4, 2019. Due to Josh’s leadership and esprit de corps we will continue what he started. Continuing in his Ranger roots, he Led the Way and inspired thousands of people to do the same. We are humbled to not only continue on Josh’s mission with the Snowdrop Foundation, but to honor his legacy as an incredible Father, Son, Brother, Friend and Ranger. Rangers Lead the Way! This is your opportunity as a civilian to fight evil and further goodness by helping the children. Josh fought for the better good as a soldier and this is how he continued to fight the good fight as a civilian.
HAVE SOME FUN. DRINK SOME BEERS. MAKE SOME JOKES.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Water, lickies and chewies, though you can stop for food whenever you want.
- Hydration Source: Source 3L Bladder or Nalgene bottle
- Comfortable clothing and footwear.
- Gloves, a windbreaker, and everything else you think you need to stay warm and dry.
- Chapstick for sure, and sunblock if it's, wait for it, sunny. Use your judgment.
- One form of identification and pocket money (just in case).
- Team map(s) of the city.
- One smart phone per team with the Instagram app downloaded.
- A smile. Of course.
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Location Name:
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Flash, JC, Rob