Date & TimeSunday, October 13, 2019 10:00
Start PointYour start point will be posted to this page and emailed to you at least one week before the event date.
Niantic, the makers of Ingress and Pokémon GO, have partnered with GORUCK to bring special Operation Clear Field events to a location near you.
Operation Clear Field combines a service-themed scavenger hunt with competitive Ingress exploration for everyone the world over.
How It Works
You and your small team (RES, ENL, or XFAC) get an old-school paper task list from an on-the-ground GORUCK Cadre. Your team then strategically plans to earn the most points and explore the best spots around, Ingressing and Instagramming and earning "Cool Points" as you go. The task list could include Ingress portals, points of interest, historic sites and trails, other teams, and much more, including quick impact service actions - the more creative, the better!You'll create an Instagram account for your team with your team name. Only one person needs to run it per team (we recommend that the person running it has an unlimited data plan). You will use your team’s Instagram account and photograph/video your team accomplishing different tasks, which you will tag with the GORUCK/Ingress account (@goruckingress).
How To Win
The team with the most points at the completion of the event receives the ultra-exclusive Gold OCF patch, and second place receives Silver. Your GORUCK Cadre is prepared to execute a tiebreaker as needed. All teams who participate and earn at least 30 points receive the official Ingress in-game badge. And everyone who shows up makes a difference in the local community. Come ready, Agents!
Please note times listed are local. If possible, try to carpool or use rideshare apps as parking may be limited.
Rules of Operation Clear Field
- Remain with your team at all times
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Stay on the designated paths and areas of the park
- Post photos of your team accomplishing the various tasks on the Hit List to the GORUCK Cadre's Instagram handle
- Teams must achieve a minimum of score of 30 points to earn the OCF Badge
Recommended Gear List (not required)
- External Battery Charger
- Hydration source
Event Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for this event
- Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
- Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Meeting up to Train
- Event Type:
- Operation Clear Field
- Location Name:
- Brooklyn, New York
- New York
- United States
- Registration Status:
- Cadre L DB