Rucking is the action of walking with weight on your back. Walking with a weighted rucksack (aka backpack) is a low impact exercise based on military training workouts.
What are some of the benefits of rucking?
- It's extremely simple, and requires minimal gear
- Burns up to 3x more calories than walking
- Gets you outside (away from screens)
- Builds muscle and strength
- Improves cardio and endurance
Hiking is rucking in the mountains and urban hiking is simply called rucking.You've probably even spent time rucking - traveling, bringing books to school, or on your commute to work. Carrying weight is a necessary part of life, and as it turns out, humans are naturally good at it, too.